I saw this post over on thricereads and decided to give it a go for myself! It looked super fun and I’m interested to see what might change in the way my bookshelf looks within a year. for this post I’m only including my TBR SHELF as I seperate my read & unread books! (this is a slightly old image, I’m too lazy to go take another photo but this one is pretty accurate)
1. Describe your bookshelf and where you got it from.
- I own two white four shelf bookshelves, they take up a decent spot on my wall and while they’re not very tall, they were resonably priced (it’s 100$ per bookshelf to get a 6 shelf one that is a bit wider too, I don’t want to fork out that much on a shelf!)
2. Do you have any special or different way of organizing your books?
- Sort of? The top of my shelves hold my read books, the harry potter series, 99% of my Cassandra Clare books & then a pile of my favourite books I’ve read this year. Below that, the first left shelf is my ‘tbr’ shelf where I keep books from publishers and books I really want to read asap. Then after that it’s sorted by Genre. Top right shelf is Contemporary to thrillerish stiff. The next two shelves down are fantasy, the bottom left shelf is classics, and that small pile of books on the bottom right are books that aren’t mine & the last two books in the grisha trilogy (I honestly don’t know why they’re there) My bottom two shelves are just full of junk so I haven’t included them.
3. Is there a book you received as a gift?
- Funnily enough, as of right now, I only own three books that were gifts to me. The rest I paid for, or got from publishers. They are ‘A Darker Shade of Magic’ ‘The Wrath & The Dawn’ & ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’ which were all from one of my good friends over on Bookstagram @readerofoz
4. Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?
- Same as above really? I don’t know anyone in my town who reads so I don’t have any books that are from friends that I’ve borrowed. I have brought a few books off of friends? so ‘One of Us is Lying’?
5. What’s the thickest (most amount of pages) book on your shelf?
- I’m not 100% sure, but I think it would be one of my GRRM books? Though, ‘Night Film’ would give it a run for it’s money.
6. What’s the thinnest (least amount of pages) book on your shelf?
- That would be ‘We Should All Be Femenists’ which is on the top of my pile of favourite books pile. That tiny white thing? yeah. My Cat was sick over it and sadly, the cover was ruined beyond saving which kills me, but I saved the actual book.
7. What’s the smallest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
- Again this would be ‘We Should All Be Femenists’
8. What’s the biggest (height and width wise) book on your shelf?
9. The last book you read on your shelf?
- Since this is my TBR shelf this doesn’t really work of course, but I just finished ‘The Cause of Death’ & I’m currently reading Ignite me & Cinder
10. Of all the books on your shelf, which was the first you read?
- Percy Jackson & the Lightning Theif
11. Most expensive book?
- I am pretty careful about not spending too much money on one book if I’m honest. SO the most exspensive would be my boxed set of Harry Potter!
12. Do you have the complete series of any book series?
- Plenty! Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Mortal Instruments, Six of Crows, The Grisha Trilogy, The Infernal Devices just to name a few
13. What’s the newest addition to your shelf?
- ‘The Cause of Death’ This turned up on Monday!
14. What book has been on your shelf FOREVER?
- ‘The Grimms Fairytales’
15. What’s the most recently published book on your shelf?
- ‘I am Traitor’ because it hasn’t been released in English yet 😉 but If I’m being serious. My Arc copy of the Half Drowned King which released today!
16. The oldest book on your shelf (as in, the actual copy is old)?
- ‘Grimms Fairytales’ again
17. A book you won?
- None sadly.
18. A book you’d hate to let out of your sight (aka a book you never let someone borrow)?
- Any of my four arc’s specifically, but I HATE lending my books out so really any of them.
19. Most beat up book?
- ‘Percy Jackson’ I lent the box set out to a friend (which was already battered) and it came back a bit worse for wear and now it looks really bad xD
20. Most pristine book?
- All of the rest of my books.
21. A book from your childhood?
- None really, I was a library child, and the few books I owned myself, I no longer currently own
22. A book that’s not actually your book?
- Well uh, ‘Grimms Fairytales’ I borrowed it from my english teacher one day, and didn’t even realize I had kept it, whoops?
23. A book with a special/different cover (e.g. leather bound, soft fuzzy cover etc.)?
- None! But one that is on it’s way to me is a cloth bound edition!
24. A book that is your favorite color?
- City of fallen angels (the colourful editions) I really love the greeny colour
25. Book that’s been on your shelf the longest that you STILL haven’t read?
- Killing Honour, or Americanah, or Lord of The Rings? I got those all late last year when I first started getting books again.
26. Do you have more than one copy of a book?
- I don’t often get multiple copies of books! I have two copies of the whole Mortal Instruments series & Nevernight though!
27. Any signed books?
- No 😦
Wow that’s it? This was surpisingly hard to answer every question, I never realised how many different and interesting books I had on my shelves.
How do you organize your bookshelves? Let me know in the comments.
Until Next Time,