ATTACK ON TITAN #2
– god this was GOOD. We delved into a character’s backstory and then saw the MC’s join together to fight the Titans even though the odds were not in their favour. I devoured this in one sitting while crying like a baby.
– I think I will forever hold fond memories of this book. It was beautifully written, spooky and poetic. BUT, my co-worker recommended it to me and grabbed me the ARC we had to read it, then Jerry my bird took some bites out of it (I find that cute not so annoying) and finally I got to curl up on a chair at work with a hot coffee and finish it. It was just, such a pleasant reading experience.
I DNF’ED NEVERWORLD WAKE
– This just felt very basic and boring. The characters annoyed me and the plot wasn’t gripping enough for me to continue.
– I needed a break from Fantasy so this was a fun, fast read. It was cute and romantic but there were things that annoyed me about it, such as the language, i.e the author was trying to make the book relatable to this generation.
– This was a short story I found out existed thanks to the author Mark Lawrence, it’s a short story set between Grey Sister and Holy Sister and it was full of cuteness and it was a perfect reintroduction to the series.
– I picked this up from work and then finished it the same night. This was a beautiful graphic novel all about two boys falling in love and I so need to get my hands on Volume two ASAP
– Then I moved onto Holy Sister which broke my heart in two and refused to mend it again. I was still teary-eyed an hour after finishing this, it hurt me that bad. But it was the perfect conclusion to my favourite adult fantasy series.
THE BRIDES TEST
– This was one I went into not knowing if I would love it or hate it. And it ended up being pretty middle of the road. I found parts of it so adorable and I loved the positive Autism and mixed-race Vietnamese representation. I think this was just really well done but it was a little too sweet for me.
I DNF’ED THE LAST WIDOW
– This had the beginnings of girl on girl hate, used the term Spirit Animal and had the two main Female MC’s in love with Will who was, of course, that guy who was sooooo attractive once he had a proper suit and hair cut. It was just, too many bad cliches that it couldn’t save it, even with a very interesting thriller aspect.
So that’s it, let’s look at these statistics!
6 adult books (Manga I’m always iffy about calling it an adult, but I mean….. people are brutally ripped apart and eaten in AOT so let’s just call that adult)
1 Young Adult
1 Graphic Novel
3 5 star ratings
3 4 star ratings
1 3 star rating
My top 3 books were
1 Holy Sister
2 Attack On Titan #2
I’m pretty okay with this month honestly. I think I could have done better especially since I’ve spent the last week reading nothing, but hey, life happens.